Heating & Cooling FAQ
A well maintained HVAC system can run efficiently for 12-15 years and a furnace for 15-25 years. If you have an older system in your home that has required many repairs recently, consider upgrading to a new system.
Why to replace HVAC?
An HVAC unit may run for many years past the recommended replacement date. However, for a lot of those years it will probably run well below its rated EER. Which means it is running inefficiently and costing you extra money every year.
Replace HVAC system at once?
If your condenser, furnace and ducting are all old it is better to replace them all at once. You won`t reap as much benefits (better airflow, higher efficiency, etc.) upgrading only part of your system to a new system.
How to save money on HVAC repairs?
- Regularly replace your HVAC filters
- Have your HVAC regularly maintained
- Keep the area around your condenser clean to prevent any damage to the system
- Seal any leaks around windows or doors to prevent your ac from overworking
- Hire an HVAC professional you can trust